Our client is a multinational company that develops, acquires and operates electric-power and district-heating resources around the world, many in underserved, overlooked markets. They are seeking to recruit for individuals who are results driven and self-motivated.
- Maintain electrical equipment and systems according to the approved maintenance plan and the correspondent O&M Manuals. Training will be provided for maintenance of specific equipment if required.
- Know in details the PLC/Control System and to be able to identify equipment failure from the control screens.
- Perform basic tests on electrical equipment (insulation test, protection settings, circuit continuity checks as per as-built wiring diagrams) and overall power system study using suitable Power System Analyzer (after receiving correspondent training for the purpose).
- Execute all scheduled and non-scheduled activities related to maintenance of all on shore and of shore equipment (engines, motors, auxiliaries, barge, gas processing systems, electrical installation) as per Electrical Engineer’s Instructions and thus provide support to mechanical maintenance personnel.
- Perform daily walk downs in order to identify deviation from the normal operation of both electrical and mechanical equipment (smoke, oil leakages, abnormal noise and vibrations, etc.).
- Perform maintenance of the Auxiliary Power generating Units after receiving correspondent training from Supplier’s Engineer over the commissioning period.
- Assist the Commissioning team during electrical tests and commissioning.
- Prepare data reports for Electrical Engineer.
- Keep proper records for all maintenance and repair works performed on the electrical equipment.
- Keep the Electrical Engineer informed regarding all failures of the electrical equipment and the potential cause of such failures.
- Ensure regular and proper handling and maintenance of tools
- Receive correspondent training and act immediately and responsibly in case of fire, gas emergency alarm and accidents that might happen on Site until arrival of firefighting brigade and other specialized emergency teams.
- Ensure that the “Permit-to-Work” procedure for work on electrical systems and equipment is strictly followed. To know the Single Line Diagram in details as well as the specifics of the electrical system in order to be authorized to issue Permit-to-Work for works on electrical and CONTROL AND INSTRUMENTAL equipment.
- Comply with the Health, Safety & Environmental ContourGlobal Policies and apply the adopted H&S Plan on site.
- Responsible for housekeeping of plant facilities & work areas
- 5 plus years of experience in various field of activities related to operation and management of offshore platforms (oil and gas and/or power generation experiences
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATION:
- A-level diploma or 2 years university degree in Electrical Engineering and/or proven experience on the field.
- Problem solving and result-oriented person.
- Proven problem solving skills and ability to analyze project related documents
- Good verbal and written communication skills and ability to utilize, proficiently, Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, MS Project, and Power Point
- Ability to work as a team leader on an industrial platform/barge
- Be self-motivated and be able to motivate a team of barge personnel
- Work under own initiative
- Good in operational English. Working Knowledge of French and Kinyarwanda will be an added value