Our client is a multinational company that develops, acquires and operates electric-power and district-heating resources around the world, many in underserved, overlooked markets. They are seeking to recruit for individuals who are results driven and self-motivated.
- Ensure proper supervision, operations & maintenance monitoring of the water and gas treatment units and oily-water treatment plant unit.
- Perform necessary operational laboratory tests, measurements and controls (cooling water analysis, treated water analysis, lube oil analysis, effluent analysis, and fuel gas analysis).
- Ensure that the rejects/outputs from oily-water treatment plant, respect all the environmental norms & standards
- Act immediately and responsibly in case of fire, gas emergency alarm and accident that might happen on site.
- Ensure a close level & quality monitoring of fuel, lubricating oil, water, exhaust gas and effluent.
- Ensure unloading/loading and transferring where applicable of fuel, lubricating oil, water and effluents.
- Close monitoring of all parameters/trends/deviations/alarms/alarm logs etc. on the equipment under his responsibility and ensure proper trouble shooting.
- Respect the Health, Safety & Environmental policies and ensure proper applications.
- Ensure that all instructions given by the Operations Manager are closely followed and implemented.
- Ensure that the “Work Authorization Process” is strictly followed for all equipment under his responsibility.
- Ensure that all the operational procedures in place for the equipment under his/her responsibility are closely respected.
- Proper documentation process and reporting, and prepare data reports for hierarchies.
- Proper stock monitoring of chemical and spares for the laboratory.
- Well handling of the files (electronics and paper)
- Acknowledge & ensure proper implementation of advices/instructions from hierarchies.
- Responsible for housekeeping of plant facilities & work areas under his/her responsibility.
- 10 plus years of experience in various field operation activities related to large industrial applications including oil and gas and power generation applications, ideally with on and off shore experience
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent experience,
- Use to working in remote parts of Africa at operation sites and having the resourcefulness to adapt to ever changing job requirements and conditions.
- Familiar with contractor health and safety standards and the ability to enforce company H&S standards as well as environmental management plans as required providing a safe and healthy work site.
- Proven problem solving skills and ability to analyze project related documents such as operating and maintenance procedures, process flow diagrams, piping and mechanical and instrument drawings, and general arrangement as needed to interpret and respond to contractor questions.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and ability to utilize proficiently Microsoft Office and products such as Word, Excel, MS Project, and Power Point.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member at an operation site.
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Working Knowledge of French and Kinyarwanda will be an added value.