Our client is a multinational company that develops, acquires and operates electric-power and district-heating resources around the world, many in underserved, overlooked markets. They are seeking to recruit for individuals who are results driven and self-motivated
- The Barge operation technicians is responsible for in installing, maintaining, repairing, and performing preventative maintenance on several different types of equipment such as turbines, compressors, engine, and many other types of machinery.
- Ensuring safe, reliable and commercially sound operation of the plant during the shift.
- Inspect malfunctioning or failing gas compressor and operating it.
- Start and stop the gas compressor in according to the instruction received.
- Operate such tools as picks, shovels, manually and electrically operated hand tools, air compressors, and air tools.
- Wrap pipes and joints.
- Assist in scheduled leak surveys.
- Assist in the installation, repair, operation, and replacement of all gas distribution equipment.
- Perform elementary pipe fitting.
- Lay pipe, heat fuse joints, and install couplings.
- Prepare joints and install clamps.
- Assist in cathodic protection surveys.
- Operate and maintain pumping equipment, gas Engines on the barge, electrical generator on the Barge.
- Read electronic gas maps.
- Provide troubleshooting help and analysis of equipment; review, inspect, and diagnose possible root cause, notify appropriate personnel regarding estimated time frame for repair, rectify issues; refer major repairs to Barge Supervisor.
- Start and stop the Engine and the gas compressor in according to the instruction to the barge supervisor.
- Ensuring proper housekeeping in the Barge including the cleaning of the site and equipment.
- Make gas analysis to verify the compliance with the gas quality to use on the gas engines.
- Keeping accurate electronic and paper records to comply with the company’s internal systems (including LOTO system) and procedures and the local, country-specific rules and regulations.
- Work on the local control panel of each single equipment for monitoring the performances. Ensure a close monitoring of all parameters directly read on equipment/control panels/etc; In case of any anomalies/deviations, to inform immediately the Barge supervisor.
- Perform routine maintenance on the gas engines and gas compressor according to constructor routine maintenance schedule.
- Inspect, valve clearance, ignition system, regulating rods, throttle valves, actuators, gas trains, oil filter inserts, crankcase vents, pre-chamber gas valves. Some of this maintenance will be performed independently while others will involve an additional specialist from the regional mobile maintenance crew or from our internal maintenance team.
- Verify the level of performances of the equipment and correct the parameters in according with the operation shift engineer.
- Verify the level of the oil and chemicals and prepare the daily list of the stocks.
- Identify and initiate operational improvements and innovations which will contribute to the enhancement of Barge safety and reliability, work productivity, cost reduction,. The management will provide an organizational framework for capturing, implementing and rewarding operational improvement initiatives
- 5 plus years of experience in various field of activities related to operation and management of offshore platforms (oil and gas and/or power generation experiences)
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATION:
- A-level diploma or 2 years university degree in mechanical Engineering and proven experience on the field of offshore platform and gas treatment
- Problem solving and result-oriented person.
- The candidate will be a good technician with a good experience in the basic maintenance on the power plant equipment, his skill has to be on the mechanical and electrical side
- The candidate has to be a very good foreman and has to motivate his team on the shift to maximize the efficiency of the barge equipment
- Use to working in remote parts of Africa at operation sites of power generation and having the resourcefulness to adapt to ever changing job requirements and conditions
- Familiar with contractor health and safety standards and the ability to enforce company H&S standards as well as environmental management plans as required providing a safe and healthy work site
- Proven problem solving skills and ability to analyze project related documents
- Good verbal and written communication skills and ability to utilize, proficiently, Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, MS Project, and Power Point
- Ability to work as a team leader on an industrial platform/barge
- Be self-motivated and be able to motivate a team of barge personnel
- Work under own initiative
- Good in spoken and written English. Working Knowledge of French and Kinyarwanda will be an added value.