Our client is a multinational company that develops, acquires and operates electric-power and district-heating resources around the world, many in underserved, overlooked markets. They are seeking to recruit for individuals who are results driven and self-motivated.
- The Control and Instrument Engineer will assist the Maintenance Manager in maintenance for operations to deliver equipment and controls of on shore electrical power station and off shore gas processing facilities on the barge, as well as, maintenance of the subsea piping, risers and separators
- Working under the supervision of the Maintenance Manager, the individual will monitor daily operation maintenance activities to insure compliance with operations and coordinate maintenance plan for the power station and the barge equipment.
- In addition the Engineer will be in charge of supervising the control and instrument technicians.
- Verify electrical equipment of control and instrumentation and parts according to the maintenance plan and expectations.
- Supervise all scheduled and non-scheduled activities, tests, and troubleshooting of all on shore and off shore equipment of the power plant and barge as per Maintenance Manager’s Instructions and planning
- Prepare data reports for Maintenance Manager.
- Supervise proper records of operating parameters recorded on site.
- Give the right information collected to the Maintenance Manager in due time.
- Ensure regular and proper handling, testing, calibration and maintenance of tools.
- Ensure that advices/instructions are implemented and followed prior to approval from hierarchies if need be.
- Act immediately and responsibly in case of fire, gas emergency alarm and accident that might happen on site.
- Respect the Health, Safety & Environmental policies and ensure proper applications.
- 5+ years of experience in various field construction activities related to large industrial applications including marine applications both on and off shore
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering for Electrical and Controls (instrumentation) or equivalent experience.
- Familiar with contractor health and safety standards and the ability to enforce company H&S standards as well as environmental management plans as required providing a safe and healthy work site
- Proven problem solving skills and ability to analyze project related documents such as process flow diagrams, automatism, piping and electrical and instrument drawings, general arrangement and equipment specifications as needed to interpret and respond to contractor questions.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and ability to utilize, proficiently, Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, MS Project, and Power Point.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member at an operation site.
- Good in spoken and written English. Working Knowledge of French and Kinyarwanda will be an added value.