Our client is a multinational company that develops, acquires and operates electric-power and district-heating resources around the world, many in undeserved, overlooked markets. They are seeking to recruit for individuals who are results driven and self-motivated.
The Barge Supervisor will be responsible for planning and supervising the day-to-day operations of the barge fleet. In addition he/she will manage a team of Gas Equipment Technicians and Operations Technicians
- Supervise and monitor planned and unplanned repairs on the barge fleet equipment (including gas treatment system).
- Work within established budgets and time frames.
- Oversee all regulatory inspections, then address and correct any issues arising from inspections.
- Monitor and operate all the gas treatment systems.
- Monitor environmental regulatory issues and keep Barge Manager advised.
- Work with barge winch systems for barge movements.
- Be able to take in charge barge towing and moving techniques.
- Be able to operate in a self-contained environment safely.
- Respect the Health, Safety & Environmental policies and ensure proper application.
- Undertake lifts safely from a floating platform.
- Plan and manage movements of plant on the sea bed such as screed frames.
- Maintain a good standard of housekeeping and plant maintenance.
- Use of hydraulic power packs, cranes, generators and/or compressors as needed
- 5 plus years of experience in various field of activities related to operation and management of offshore platforms (oil and gas and/or power generation experiences)
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- The candidate will be a good technician with a good experience in the basic maintenance on the power plant equipment, his skill has to be on the mechanical and electrical side
- The candidate has to be a very good foreman and has to motivate his team on the shift to maximize the efficiency of the barge equipment
- Use to working in remote parts of Africa at operation sites of power generation and having the resourcefulness to adapt to ever changing job requirements and conditions
- Familiar with contractor health and safety standards and the ability to enforce company H&S standards as well as environmental management plans as required providing a safe and healthy work site
- Proven problem solving skills and ability to analyze project related documents
- Good verbal and written communication skills and ability to utilize, proficiently, Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, MS Project, and Power Point
- Ability to work as a team leader on an industrial platform/barge
- Be self-motivated and be able to motivate a team of barge personnel
- Work under own initiative
- Good in spoken and written English and working Knowledge of French and Kinyarwanda will be an added value