Our client is a multinational company that develops, acquires and operates electric-power and district-heating resources around the world, many in underserved, overlooked markets. They are seeking to recruit for individuals who are results driven and self-motivated.
The Gas Equipment Technician will be responsible for in installing, maintaining, repairing, and performing preventative maintenance on several different types of equipment such as turbines, compressors, engine, and many other types of machinery. He/she also has a strong working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and instrumentation systems and the ability to diagnose, troubleshoot, maintain and repair all manner of gas equipment.
- Ensuring safe, reliable and commercially sound operation of the plant during the shift.
- Start and stop the gas compressor in according to the instruction received.
- Operate such tools as picks, shovels, manually and electrically operated hand tools, air compressors, and air tools
- Wrap pipes and joints.
- Assist in scheduled leak surveys.
- Assist in the installation, repair, operation, and replacement of all gas distribution equipment.
- Perform elementary pipe fitting.
- Lay pipe, heat fuse joints, and install couplings.
- Prepare joints and install clamps.
- Assist in cathodic protection surveys.
- Install leak clamps.
- Operate and maintain pumping equipment, gas Engines on the barge, electrical generator on the Barge
- Read electronic gas maps.
- Provide troubleshooting help and analysis of equipment; review, inspect, and diagnose possible root cause, notify appropriate personnel regarding estimated time frame for repair, rectify issues; refer major repairs to Barge Supervisor.
10 plus years of experience in various field of activities related to operation and management of offshore platforms (oil and gas and/or power generation experiences)
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATION:
- Master’s degree in Engineering or equivalent experience,
- The candidate should be a good team leader and his technical experience and skill has to be in the mechanical or electrical area (chemical is also appreciate).
- Use to working in remote parts of Africa at operation sites of power generation and having the resourcefulness to adapt to ever changing job requirements and conditions
- Familiar with contractor health and safety standards and the ability to enforce company H&S standards as well as environmental management plans as required providing a safe and healthy work site
- Proven problem solving skills and ability to analyze project related documents
- Good verbal and written communication skills and ability to utilize, proficiently, Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, MS Project, and Power Point.
- Ability to work as a team leader on an industrial platform/barge.
- Good in spoken and written English. Working Knowledge of French and Kinyarwanda will be an added value.