We are a new recruiting process outsourcing company that provides human resource services to companies in Kenya and throughout Africa with headquarters based in Chicago and offices in Nairobi and Johannesburg.
We currently have an outstanding opportunity to join our team and be part of a top service provider currently growing both within the African continent and globally.
The main purpose of the position is to co-ordinate the cleaning of designated office areas, cloakroom areas and other surfaces ensuring that they are kept in a clean and hygienic condition using such detergents and equipment as thought appropriate, making it safe, healthy and pleasant to in. The job holder will also carry out the preparation and service of teas well as the distribution of internal mails.
- To ensure a high standard of cleanliness is maintained throughout the assigned areas in accordance with existing cleaning schedules and detailed standards.
- Co-ordinate the office maintenance team to ensure that offices are well cleaned on daily basis. Ensure that coffee/ tea is served on timely basis. Prepare duty roosters for the office maintenance team, plan and co-ordinate their leave schedules and advice in case backup staff is required.
- To receive all Goods and Items for the market company, verify with the purchase order then post in the system using SAP and notify the users.
- Ensure that there are sufficient consumables and check on re order levels based on consumption, maintain the stock level book for both consumables/cutlery and monthly stock taking. Report any breakages and advice on replacements.
- To assist in maintaining the safety and welfare of all staff.
- To make arrangements with specialized service providers to ensure cleaning and maintenance of blinds at the premises in all areas where they exist. Arrange for cleaning of the chairs and tables for the canteen, Tile scrapping for the offices, kitchen and canteen.
- To bring to the immediate attention of the supervisor any shortages of stock and ensure proper storage, control and use of all equipment, crockery, cutlery and supplies.
- Carry out periodic checks of cleaning and kitchen equipment to ensure that it is in good working order, and report any malfunction or breakdown to the supervisor in a timely manner.
- To be aware of all emergency procedures and assist in controlling emergencies in the kitchen.
- To carry out any other general cleaning duties as specified by the supervisor, to ensure the continued functional operation of services offered at all times.
- To undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required at any time in the administration building or in TP in general.
- Ensuring all the utilities are clean and in good working condition and reporting any malfunctioning. This includes the office lighting, taps toilets, taps, working tools equipment, blinds, ACs, windows, doors amongst others.
- Vacuum cleaning/sweep /mop all office areas, the front office and lounge as appropriate
- Empty litter and recycling bins
- Distributing internal mails
- Making tea for staff/visitors in the administration office.
- Binding of office documents, booklets and training manuals
- Store keeping of the consumable food items such as beverages, sugar and washing detergents
- Store keeping knowledge
- A basic understanding of Health &Safety issues in relation to tea service & cleaning operations
- A minimum of one year previous practical cleaning experience and operation of various cleaning appliances in a busy office environment
Work is performed in a typical interior/office work environment & involves contact with others. The job may have exposure to fumes/ odor from cleaning detergents/sprays. The jobholder will also be exposed to constant dirt and dust. It also requires climbing up and down the stairs when performing the duties. At supervisor discretion the job-holder may be required to work in shifts to meet the changing demands of service delivery. The job-holder will be required to wear the assigned uniform provided by TP at all times whilst on duty.