Our client designs, manufactures and sells highly functional, highly affordable vehicles as a transportation platform empowering local entrepreneurs to mobilize the developing world.
They are looking for exceptional individuals who share our vision and possess the skills and attitude necessary to make a valuable contribution to their work in Africa.
Our client is seeking a minimum two year commitment from exceptional early career sales professional to run day-to-day sales operations. The role will cover sales across Kenya and longer-term potentially the East Africa region. The main function of this role is to support the Marketing Associate, other Sales Officers and local dealer partners in generating vehicle sales and delivering an exceptional customer experience throughout the sales process. They should also be focused on delivering accurate and timely administrative support from the initial order process through vehicle delivery and the ownership experience. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
Generation & Administration
- Manage the identification/close of sales and the process for entering sales orders to ensure data integrity and accuracy in a timely manner.
- Support Marketing Associate to deliver primary and secondary research that helps define market assumptions and consumer behaviors/profiles.
- Support Marketing Associate to develop customer promotions/contests and motivational initiatives to focus on business sales objectives.
- Manage and prioritize list of target buyers both with existing customer contact information and newly interested customers from various marketing initiatives.
- Identify and evaluate potential local vehicle dealer partners. On-board authorized dealers and support consistent brand messaging within this network.
- Schedule product demonstrations with target customers and deliver a polished, professional and compelling sales message.
- Follow-up with interested buyers to arrange payment for pre-orders/sales; liaise with relevant financing institutions to connect customers to appropriate finance options.
- Process payments, refunds and confirm receipt of payment, verifying accuracy and completeness of documentation on sales.
- Record details of sale, communicating detail of sale within organization.
- Develop complete understanding of the factors that go into the revenue and cost side of the business opportunity and provide recommendations to maximize revenue.
- Vehicle Registration, Compliance & Support the customer to register their vehicle with KRA and obtain an associated license plate:
- Develop full understanding of local compliance and registration requirements and identify any potential conflicts/issues within organization and with customer.
- Create a customer quotation for vehicle sale and issue final registration documentation (VIN configuration, customer invoice).
- Confirm all purchase orders match sales data entered (VIN, configuration, customer invoice).
- Verify completeness and accuracy of transaction prior to vehicle release. For direct delivery coordinate, send and receipt documents and final payment.
- Deliver comprehensive customer after sales support, working across the organization to provide a timely and courteous resolution to any problems.
Vehicle Production Services
- Provide comprehensive vehicle production services throughout sales life cycle
- Work with Production and Sales & Marketing teams to ensure timely flow of vehicle orders to meet customer demand requirements and production schedules.
- Manage and develop sales planning documentation and processes to “fulfill” production planning requirements.
- Plan and manage vehicle scheduling and production from order, scheduled to build production, through delivery to Logistics team.
- Ensure vehicle orders are sequenced and built per customer specification, including the “change order” request process.
- Manage vehicle shipping to point where handed over to Logistics team for delivery.
- Take ownership of projects; plan milestones, timelines, budgets, resources and identify potential risks to deliver supply chain aspects within agreed completion dates.
- Be proactive regarding task completion and periodically advise wider team on project status, timing, resources, issues, and ability to deliver on-time with excellence.
- Ensure adherence and compliance to general automotive industry marketing standards and best practices; maintain structured and versioned data outputs daily and backup data weekly.
- Work as an active member of the team, ensure effective communication between colleagues and positively contribute regularly to meetings and briefings.
- Education from a top university in Kenya with an undergraduate and/or graduate degree
- Ability to lead cross-functionally; coordinating, leading and communicating information clearly
- Exceptional attention to detail and high quality deliverable outputs
- Ability to grasp complex concepts and systems quickly, and express them in simple ways
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and to remain graceful under pressure
- High degree of resourcefulness; looking beyond the normal channels of information to dig out
- data necessary to understand the market potential of the opportunity
- Ability to take ownership and accountability of project timeline and results
- Proficiency in Excel, Project, Power Point and Word
- Strong presentations skills, including excellent oral communication skills
- Ability to create a compelling message and persuade others
- High sense of drive and urgency in achieving our vision
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic working environment and work within a diverse team
- Extreme patience and a good sense of humor
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- A start-up personality; entrepreneurial, ambitious, independent, systematic attention to detail,
- structured thinker, goal-oriented, flexible and able to deal well with setbacks
- Comfort with extensive travel throughout Kenya and longer term throughout East Africa
- Kenyan citizenship or permanent residence
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili.
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATION:
Master’s degree (or higher) in Business Administration (MBA), Marketing, Sales or similar, 3-5 years related experience in sales or marketing, Passion for the automotive industry and social enterprise in Africa, Valid driver's license, should combine outstanding technical skills in sales with excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team, Should possess a strong skill set in creative and strategic thinking along with excellent perception, wide latitude for independent actions (including independent judgment) and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and take initiative regularly, should be rigorous, pragmatic and on-the-ground solution, Focused – not overly academic.